Sunday, October 2, 2011

What I have learned from the first month of blogging

I have been blogging for a month now, so I can officially say that I had NO idea what it took to be a blogger :o)  I also had NO idea how much I would enjoy doing it or I would have started a lot sooner!!

Here we go, the Top 5 things I learned in the first month of blogging....

5.  It's funny how quickly I forgot what I posted here.  Hubby the Great, Boog, and Bear are why I do what I do.  I jumped quickly on the I-wanna-do-what-makes-me-and-other-bloggers-happy train (yeah, that's a train) and forgot what it was all about.  Fortunately, I hopped off that train and went back to doing what my family loves, even if you hate it :o)  But I still love you!

4.  Blogging isn't about quantity, it's about quality.  When I started I had 30 different posts planned out and about half of them written.  Ha, I think I used about 7 of them.  I met my goal of posting 5 days a week for the first month (yay!), but things may slow down a little.  I want to show you something that I am doing, not do something so that I can show you.

3.  Sometimes things need to simmer.  This may relate a lot to the quantity vs. quality thing.  I was in such a hurry to do things that sometimes I just did what worked and didn't take time to think about what would work best.  I'm not saying that spontaneous is always bad. One of the most spontaneous projects that I did in the last month was my pallet art, which I am totally in love with!  I just think some of the best ideas can come after you look at an empty wall for a few days.

2.  Photography is a major deal.  I kinda knew this part, but I didn't know the effect it would have on a blog to show stinky pictures of a project.  A project looks all that much better if you can show a good picture of it!  Hence a new lens is being purchase very soon :o)

1. It's not about the numbers.  I can say this to myself over and over, but I get stuck on it almost every day.  There are good days and there are bad.  There are days in a row when no one follows and then 3 followers in one day.  I can quadruple my average page views for 3 days in a row and then fall behind a few days.  It is what it is.  That isn't why I'm doing it.  They are numbers.  But the people that are reading and being inspired aren't numbers, they are why I am doing it.  If 1 person is enjoying this blog, then I am doing it for you :o)

That being said, I will move into my second month of blogging.  Fall is in the air and I can't wait to show you the projects that I'm working on! 

Thanks to those of you who are reading, I appreciate you more than you know :o)

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I've been blogging since 2007 (on three different blogs). Your list here is applicable for both newbies and veterans alike. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping it real. I'm a new follower and love what you're doing. I did an Anthropologie knockoff too but it's not as cute as your's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...