Thursday, September 22, 2011

70's Dresser Mirrors to Wall Moulding


While I did this project awhile back (at my old house) it is still the one that is most commented on in my house.  Everyone always wants to know what they are and where they came from.  They are always intrigued by the answer.  They started out as some very dirty old mirrors.

PLEASE forgive the poor quality of these pictures, my old house had NO light in it!


I loved their shape, that's why I grabbed them.  I cleaned them up and removed the mirrors from the back.  At this point, I still had no clue what I wanted to do with them. 


I painted them white and an image came into my head... what if I put them up on the wall and used them as "moulding"?


They added so much character to a once blank wall.  You can also find the tutorial for the lamps here if you are interested!

I love the versatility of these.  You can change out what you hang inside them for a different look each season.  At Christmas, I like to hang my little fur wreaths inside them. 

Yes, that was the only place in that house that the christmas tree would fit...

Now that we are in our new house, the "mirrors" started out in our formal living room flanking the big picture window.


I don't have a fantastic picture because I decided yesterday to give them yet another home.  I swear that these things look great anywhere!  They now hang in my dining room.




I have been working non stop trying to get my dining room ready to share with you, but I have some more work to go.  Here a few sneak peaks at some things I've been working on! 






 Make sure to check back later to see these hanging in the completed room! 

And lastly, I had to share one more picture with you.  I have decided to (attempt to) conquer my fear of shooting my camera in complete manual mode.  I started playing yesterday and came up with this picture of my beautiful Boog that I shot completely in manual! Love this little girl :)

Partying Here!





1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say Hi, and I just went through your blog...GREAT stuff!! LOVE the mirrior thing is FAB! Now I'm going to be keeping an eye out at the thrift stores:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love comments- they really make my day :o) Please let me know you are here because I would love to come back and visit you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...